Monday, March 31, 2008

A $100,000 Shower ?

I'm back from my week long vacation in Tahoe (so amazing but it made me sick again, yuck) and ready to write about my latest annoyance: a post for a $100,000 shower.

For that much money, it has to be an amazing mix of design, technology, and function, right? In my opinion, wrong. I think it must have been designed with the sole purpose of getting a person in, soaped up, rinsed, and out in 2 minutes flat. Usually there's nothing wrong with that when you're in a hurry or just need a wake-me-up, since it saves water and you don't need to do any of the extras. But as you can see below, there will be absolutely no water saved by using this shower.


With 18 shower heads, including the rather intimidating, up-ward shooting one at the bottom, this money-sucker raises some interesting questions like:
~Where am I supposed to shave?
~Will I be able to see what I'm doing?
~How am I going to sing when there's water being shot into my throat?
~Why on earth would I pay $100,000 for this thing?

Of course, I have to admit, there is one thing about it that I love. It is entirely computer controlled, so you can control the temperature with the push of a button. There is nothing worse than standing in an unfamiliar shower trying to figure out the alien nozzle while freezing and/or scalding water is coming down on you. So kudos for that!

But while I'm on the subject, here are the specs for my ideal 100 grand shower:
  • A keypad that allows me to set the temperature and then choose either bath or shower
  • Color changing water that notifies you when the water is hot enough, like this KZLIDEA product:

  • A control option that allows me to control the pressure so that it can be turned up while I'm rinsing out conditioner and turned way down while I'm shaving
  • A clock with alarm capabilities for those morning showers
  • A real soundsystem with waterproof speakers and an LCD panel at the back of the shower so that I can get my daily dose of the Today show on NBC
That would be a shower I'd be willing to buy (you know, once I come up with $100,000)

Got an ideas that you'd like to see? Leave them here so they might one day be real!

I'll leave you with with the latest design idea that made me giggle regarding bathing:
Bathing with the Fishes

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Keypad for entering the temperature you want.....I have no idea how hot I like my water! do you?